The ECCE Scheme
What is the ECCE Scheme
Purple Penguin participates in the Early Childhood Care and Education scheme, we provide children of appropriate age with subsidised pre-school education. The ECCE programme is designed to give children access to a pre-school year of programme-based activities.
Participation in a pre-school programme provides children with their first formal experience of early learning, the starting-point of their educational and social development outside the home. Our Pre-School Curriculum is centred around the national framework for early years education and care and we adhere to the Aistear Curriculum and the principles outlined in Síolta.
Is My Child Eligible for the ECCE Scheme?
To check your child’s eligibility under this scheme please Click here.
What is included in the ECCE Scheme?
· Full Pre-School/Naíonra curriculum and activities are included in the preschool year such as; assessment portfolio, weekly educational themes, parent-teacher meetings, physical education, arts and crafts, music, cookery, Graduation ceremony and Santa visits.
- The core hours for ECCE are 9.00am-12.00pm or 9.30am-1pm,for 38 weeks
- Children in full-time/part-time childcare who are eligible for the ECCE pre-school year(s) will receive the ECCE grant for their enrolled days care via a deduction from their monthly amount payable.
- Please note ECCE hours only places are extremely limited.
- A child’s enrolled care transitions with them into pre-school, should a parent/guardian wish to change their child’s care as they move into pre-school this will depend on availability at that time.
What is the Duration of the ECCE Scheme?
The ECCE Scheme runs for 10 months (September to June).
A Non-Refundable Deposit is required to secure a place for your child.